Grange Farm Centre is based in Chigwell Essex
Dr Terence Lewis MSc BSc EMA Principle Consultant Energyst consulting. Energyst consulting was appointed to carry out a deep diagnostic review of the existing ground source heat pump (Dimplex 24kw,)
Diagnostics of the existing Dimplex GSHP revealed:-
- Compressor failure.
- Incorrect fluid levels and viscosity within the ground loop.
- Incorrect levels of fluid in the Underfloor heating;.
- Underfloor heating fluid revealed high levels of pathogens.
- During the strip out high levels of corrosion were found within some of the heating distribution pipes so they were replaced with new pipes.
- All pipework has been re-insulated with Hammer Clad insulation.
- DHW Hot water cylinder was also heavily calcified a so it was replaced.
- Existing GSHP was never registered for RHI. (Renewable Heat Incentive).
Consultation with the Trustees resulted in a tender specification being compiled for a Replacement GSHP. and a DHW Cylinder. Dr Terence specified a Kensa heat pump because he had previously specified Kensa for other projects. In each case Kensa quality and support service was excellent, The Olympic white water park, a Cheese farm and Sports centre in Kent.
The tender was successfully won by Energy My Way (Hertford) the project has now been deployed, to MCS standards, commissioned and registered for RHI (The original install was not registered) wich means Grange Farm will receive the full benefit of the RHI;( Renewable Heating Incentive).
Click individual images to view whole enhance images